So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Deer in Headlights?



I, too, am guilty of snickering when someone tells you that they hit a deer. Never again will I snicker. About two weeks ago, while driving home from New Hampshire at about 4:30 a.m. (long story.. kids begged to stay overnight - I gave in). So I'm cruising along Route 93 up in the White Mountains, when out of nowhere, BAM... I hit a deer.. It was like in slow motion.. It looked at me, I looked at it and then I was hitting it and my car was swerving all over the highway. The boys woke up from a sound sleep to me yelling expletives while screaming. Poor Matthew thought we were going over a cliff and started screaming along with me. Billy was crying for the deer. After calling hubby on the cell (who was ahead of me and didn't see it happen), we pulled over, determined that we were alive and well, and drove the rest of the two and half hours home with deer hair embedded into the grill of my GMC Envoy (excellent vehicle for safety BTW). It was the LONGEST commute of my life. My whole body was shaking.. I swear the deer winked at me before I hit it.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    So glad that you are all fine...That is so scary.....Those Bleeping deer....Do they not see asphalt? ugh....

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Thanks Steph,

    $6000.00 worth of damage later, we are all fine.. thank goodness for auto insurance! :)

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Stupid Deer! hehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home