So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Steppin up......to Middle School!

Tonight, my son Billy graduates from 6th grade and is on his way to being a middle schooler! We will celebrate with a dinner out to Paisano's (his very favorite place). He'll be 13 in August and I can honestly say that he has brought me 13 years of absolute joy. This kid never fails to hug and kiss me and tell me he loves me. He loves going to the museum of fine arts and browsing around with his mom. He was chosen for Basketball All stars this year and has been in 2 plays. He wants to learn to speak Mandarin chinese so he can travel the world someday... He consistently gets fantastic grades and is kind, compassionate and very, very funny. As much as I loved it when he was little, I adore the young man he has become and I cherish the time we spend together. I love the independence that he wants and I love seeing how responsible he is when he is given some freedom. I'm not saying he doesn't make mistakes (don't we all?)..the hardest thing is letting him make them. I wish for him happiness and love in all he does... Congratulations Billy

3 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Way to go to Billy......Oh Karen what a wonderful thing Jr. High...7 & 8 grade they change so much. The "mature" thing sets in and it is like "where is my baby"
    Hope he LOVES the new school and has fun as a 13 year old.....

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay william austin...

    mysterious fantastic anonymous blogger....

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Had a great time at the MFA with Billy and Avery. They are great company and enjoyed being with each other. Billy is an exceptionally bright, generous and loving kid. No surprise as he has a great example in his parents. Love you all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home