So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Not so great....

Well, Eddie had his appointment with the surgeon yesterday, and of course, things are more complicated than we thought. Turns out there are cancerous endocrine cells (hormones) in the tumor which means it might be elsewhere. He can't have radiation because he already had it in that spot. They don't want to give him chemo because they are unsure of its response. The new plan is the removal of not only most of the colon, they want to take out his bladder as well, do a prostatectomy and an ileostomy. And my Dad's response, "whatever it takes to live". There will be meetings with a urologist, a gastroenterologist, a cardiologist and of course the surgeon. Because of his pacemaker, he cannot have an MRI done so they will do ultrasound. The surgery will take place the second week in August.

I hope we have some more time with him. I know he's almost 80, but we need him here for a while longer. Thanks for all of your prayers and keep them coming. He's a trooper. I'm going to pop up there today for hugs and... I'm going to stay positive :)

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    this really stinks....i'm very sad. :(

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Wishing for the best possible outcome for your dad and your whole family, Karen. I know how hard this is to face, but miracles do happen and it never hurts to pray for one. Sending you a big hug and hoping for positive progress...

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    He is in our prayers and I hope he keeps his positive attitude. God Bless and keep a smile on I knoe he needs all the smiles and hugs he can get.......

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    He is in our prayers and I hope he keeps his positive attitude. God Bless and keep a smile on I knoe he needs all the smiles and hugs he can get.......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home