So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, July 06, 2006

My last night as a 30 something...

Boy, am I a lightweight.. I'm on my second Amstel light (already feeling it) listening to an 80's CD that my neice Jessica (aka anonymous blogging woman) made me and making my very famous chicken parmesan for dinner. It doesn't get any better than this!

Got a b-day card from my good friend Mrs. W (aka Norma) and a lovely package from Jess (I'll be sure to take a tubby!) and a card from my friend Selena who lives up here in the White Moutains and became one of my saviors while I lived up here. She is the local librarian and I would walk in and she would just hand me a stack of books and say "read them". She is one of the funniest people I have ever met and I treasure our friendship.

I guess I'm feeling nostalgic about entering a new decade (my 5th decade to be exact..) but I'm not in the least dreading it. I like myself much better at just about 40 than I did in my tumultuous 20's and even in my getting to know me 30's. I'm cool with me. I'm at a good place even though I'm listening to West End Girls right now (thanks, Jess..)

As Warren Zevon said.. Enjoy Every Sandwich. And I plan to!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Happy, Happy, Happy, dear friend! : )

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    That is so nice...You are goin gto be the big 4-oh.....You do not look a day over 29 by the pics you post...You are one hot 40 yr old mama......Happy Birthday to you....
    Have a great day........xoxoxoox
    You and Normie must be the same sign......lol Thats why I like you guys so much.....xoxoxo

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Thank you guys!!!!!

    Norma are you a Cancer too? Are you a "sensitive homebody" like me? What's your date?

    Steph, you made my day.. although you are not close up!!!

    Andy, that song was in my head all night... and now it will be all day as well..

    We are all going on a kayaking trip down the Pemi.. will report back later!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    AUNTIE!!!

    Happy Birthday :) Did you like you bathroom friendly gift? hehehe

    I think 40 is a very glamorous age actually....

    Have fun kayaking, I'll call you later...

    xoxo

    p.s. glad you're still listening to that cd!

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Hon! Can't believe you are now in my decade! It's a great one to be in, so, enjoy! I agree, by the way. I loved you in your teens, twenties and thirties, but you have certianly come into your own as of late!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home