So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Let sleeping Lifeguards lie....?

I took Billy, Matt and my pseudo-son Tommy to our little local beach this afternoon. It was a wonderful day. Cool when the sun went in but blazing hot when it was out. I was able to start a new book while the kids played and ran around. Now, I remember what it is like to be a teenager and I have great sympathy for the sleepy young things, but I was fairly appalled at the fact that the boy lifeguard never once lifted his head from his surfboard to check if there were flailing arms in the water or if anyone was out past the buoy....Especially after the fiasco with the 3 year old boy at Houghton's pond recently and the bad rep that lifeguards are getting.. You would think he would at least pop the head up once in a while for show. Good thing I'm a good mom and watch my children or you might have seen us on the evening news...... Off to the mall (once again) for Billy to spend his border's gift certificates and perhaps Uno's for dinner!Bon appetit!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    you're starting to become a mall rat....or are you a mall walker??!

    anyway, the lifeguards in San Diego not only yell at people a lot on loud speakers but they also drive up and down the beaches in cool jeeps!

    you should write a letter to whoever is in charge of lifeguards and tell them to wake the heck up!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    I too do not think that they should be getting paid to lay/sleep on surf boards when it is their job to "gaurd" lives ......As if!

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    The Lifeguards on Long Island are crazy-vigilent...especially if there's a 'rip current'. They actually stay in the water on surf boards while the others watch from the lifeguard stands and on the sand.

    oh...Did you have Wings at Uno's?

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    No wings, Drew. Just good ol' deep dish four cheese pizza. I did want wings though, but was vetoed by the boys.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home