So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Friday, September 08, 2006

Update on my Dad!!!

Well, session 1 of chemotherapy is over!!!! Other than being really tired and a bit queasy, my father is doing great! I have spoken to either him or my mother every day and they are keeping my updated on progress. His T cells are low which is very normal because the chemo is fighting the cancer but also lowers his immunities so he is at risk of infection. He needs to stay away from crowds and be careful of people with colds. His very good friend Nicky who he has been friends with since the North End (who is in his 80s and is such a sweet Italian gentleman) came by yesterday. My Dad had a hankering for corn beef and cabbage (go figure.. must be because he married an Irishwoman!) and Nicky drove all the way to Plainville to a resaurant and brought him take out. He's been watching lots of movies and taking lots of rests. He ends each coversation with an "I love you".. and I think we are all a bit enriched from this experience because we really need to appreciate and love the people in our lives.. I am so grateful that he is feeling well..... Next session is in 2 weeks. Thanks for your continued prayers and well wishes!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    that's so sweet that Nikky did that! i wonder if he's craving the salt because of all the meds he's on and being dehydrated? hmmmmm.....

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    So far, so good. Hope it continues to go well. See you soon!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    That's a good reminder, Karen. I'm gonna call home right now and tell Nancy I love her!

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Karen
    I am so glad that he is being as positive as can be and showing his love so openly...Lots of prayers and blessings.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home