So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Monday, August 21, 2006

They call me the wanderer....

I roam around! This weekend the gypsy family was up in Maine on Wells Beach. Friends of ours own a beach house RIGHT ON THE BEACH! He has three kids and the youngest girl and her cousin were buds with Billy and Matt. The kids were in the water, out of the water, in the hot tub, out of the hot tub, in the house, out of the house.... I'm sure you get the picture. Bill and I pretty much sat on our behinds and ate the wonderful food that they served us (lobsters, grilled salmon, bbq chicken.. and later in the day grilled pizzas...delic!) We lit the chiminea and ate s'mores (yes, more eating) and stayed out into the late evening. It was a really nice visit. The weather wasn't great but just to sit and listen to those roaring waves was like therapy for me.

Always in the back of my mind is the thought of my father having to go through chemotherapy. He starts next Monday and is scheduled for 3 consecutive days every three weeks. He is still positive. I'm going to get him the "Everybody Loves Raymond" Cds to give him some laughter through this mess. He loves that show.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    We've been to Wells. (We have family in Portlan and Topsham) Doesn't Wells have the salt marshes?

    Been praying for your dad and will continue. :-)

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    sounds like a fun time up there in Lobster Land....did you eat any vegetables over the weekend....or just the tomato sauce on the pizza?

    hehehehehe

     
  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Does corn count?

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Although I have to say that on Friday night before we went I was craving veggies...so I bought sweet potatoes and fresh green beans. :) (along with steak tips)

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Sounds like a great time had by all. We too have your family in our prayers. Laughing theropy has always proved to be positive. I hope he loves the "Raymond" dvds.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Poor Andy. At least you can eat it. I'm ALLERGIC!!! It was salmon and chicken for me. :(

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    It looks like AJB is missing the old days on Fuller Rd in the hood...lol....I am sure New England still lives in your heart.
    Lobsta is not all that!! At least to me it is not...lol....I know I should be shot for not liking seafood.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home