So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Monday, August 14, 2006

Bad habits...

Now, anyone that knows me knows that I am a bit of a health nut. I like to read labels, I like organic products, and I like to limit the transfats that our family eats.

Living with my in-laws, I have been subject to salami, soda, ice cream, donuts and today, I fell into the oreo cookie trap.

I consumed about 7 oreo cookies in a row. I myself don't buy oreos (well, maybe the Paul Newman ones once in awhile). I didn't even savor them with a glass of milk.. I just popped the tops off and ate em one by one. I am feeling a little guilty, but boy are they good!

6 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    oreo cookie ice-cream is my downfall.....that's a double whammy!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Oh Karen just thing in a month or so back to the good food....There are always mega treats at the grandparents house....My FIL is also an Oreo Cookieaholic....The boys know where to go in the cabinet for them lol ........
    Keep reading the labels.....lol trans fat .....whats that>????lol

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    What the heck happened to Hydrox, anyway?!!!!

     
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    My parents always bought Hydrox! I don't know where they went - they were like the fake oreo!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Fake? No, my dear...the chocolate was sooooo much better. I know for a while they changed to the hip new name: "Droxies"

    ugh.

    Then they went away. :-(

    Don't even get me started about why they go cheap on the icing in devil dogs...and no longer have individual foil-wrapped yodles!!!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Drew, I was a twinkie girl, myself. Devil dogs are so dry they make you choke. I still like a good ring ding, or a hostess cupcake once in awhile, but I dislike Little Debbie snacks wholeheartedly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home