So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Checking in...

Happy Wednesday once again! I cannot believe this is almost the end of January already. I remeber being a kid and the days and months seemed to drag. Now my life is flying by!

Anway, my parents are coming down today with my Aunt and Uncle! My father has a hankering for some chinese food and he loves the luncheon specials at a local place in town. Needless to say, I'm thrilled! He is really doing wonderfully.. he has had so much to cope with but is keeping his chin up and marching along. So I'll probably be having a nice bowl of Wonton Soup for lunch today.

In other news, Matt has his very first guitar lesson today before basketball. He is so excited.. He even wore his "guitar shirt" to school. It's black with white sleeves and has a metallic silver guitar on the front. Pretty cool. He would love to be the next Tom Petty :) Last night he told me he misses me when he is at school all day.. he's so cute!

My job is about as exciting as watching paint dry lately. I just don't want to concentrate, but I need those checks to keep coming.. so time to go and let my fingers do the walkin and talkin.... Have a great day all!

13 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    hi auntie! i am so excited for matt to be taking guitar lessons!!! i was his age when i REALLY wanted to play guitar....and look at the feloni kids they are all so good at instruments! and you were good at the piano!

    anyway, have fun with g & P today and whatever aunt and uncle it is that is coming down...i'm assuming its leo and nancy?

    eat a crab rangoon for me!

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Yes, Leo and Nancy.. Nick and Louse were supposed to come but she is having Merry Maids come today. I wish I had Merry Maids!

    I'm excited for Matt too. I'll take a picture of his guitar for you.. it's black and white..and really cool looking. I heard guitar is very hard to learn..and he is sooo type A. Hope he doesn't get frustrated!

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    mmmm wontonnnnnnn. I love Chinese! Now we're going to have to have that this weekend!
    It's so funny that Matt's going to take lessons. I just picked up a 3/4 size guitar on Monday, because the kids have a hard time playing Krissy's full sized one. Great minds think alike! Have a good rest-o-the week!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    You too Drew! I was thinking about what you said about forgiving.. I am by that rule too, but I also never forget. Is that bad?

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Hunan Kingston?

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Never Hunan. Royal Garden, baby...

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    I think it depends on how/why you remember. If you do it to hold a grudge against someone, it's probably bad. If you remember so you don't repeat the mistake, then that's probably a good thing. Fool me once...kind of thing.
    In general, if your intentions are good...you're okay.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger melissa said…

    We couldn't find crab rangoons anywhere but NE!!!!! strange

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    melissa, in CA they call crab rangoons "cream cheese wontons" such a lame name!

     
  • At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SO glad to hear your dad is out and about....Did you enjoy your C-food? Normie knows I am so not a fan of that kind of food, and M insists on taking me for it on MY birthday! AH NO!....lol
    Stephen got an electric guitar two years ago with 3 books on self teaching....Yeah it has its place in his room. He is proud of the thing but never really has much time with it. I think it was a faze...I hope Matt stays with it it sounds cool. AND yes the time flies when you get older HUH?! Have a great week/end Stephie

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    i just got the book and card you sent us. soooooo sweet, i read the beginning at the lake after taking a walk and i was all teary eyed! i'm gonna go outside by the pool and read some more...its 78 degrees here today i refuse to be indoors! thank you so much, i love the book!
    xoxoxo, smoooooooooooooooooch!

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Jess, so glad you liked it! I had so much fun browsing through it before I sent it.. Memories :)

    Enjoy.. Love you!

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Hey Karen..I tagged you to play a game...go read my blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home