So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, January 04, 2007

I feel like a Jane Fonda Video...

This is my third, yes count em three, day in a row of steady exercise. Can I keep up the pace? Yes, I can. Will I keep up the pace. Yes I will!! I'm mixing it up between treadmill, yoga and weights. I feel a bit more energetic and lots more hungry. Why is it that when you are working out you suddenly become ravenous?

Oh yeah, I finally learned how to breathe. In case you don't know it, you might be breathing wrong. I got this book out of the library about Pilates, and the first thing they talked about is BREATHING! Its not as simple as you think. I was breathing only from my throat, and not from my diaphragm. I was taking shallow breaths instead of deep breaths and was cheating my body! So think about it when you are breathing.. .are you a shallow breather or a deep breather?

14 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    hey jane,

    so did you put on your leg warmers and leotard for all this crazy January exercising? hehehehe....do some exercise for me while you're at it. love ya

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Yup, got my scrunchie on top of my head in a ponytail, my leotard, tights and matching leg warmers. And one.. and two.. and step !

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger melissa said…

    Ahhh, pilates...
    tried that once and aggravated a pinched nerve in my neck-
    Keep up the good work-I'm jealous:)

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so good K.....
    I read about the deep breath thing once.
    That would be funny wearing the 80's leg warmers....Were they not the "in" thing back then. I had a pair in every color for dancing school. lol...Stephie

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    this is such a girlie post...I'm not gonna comment!

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    C'mon, Drew.. get in touch with your feminine side :)

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    I tried that once...got a yeast infection. Never Again! LOL
    did I just cross a line here?!!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Okay..I regret that crudity! But I can't take it back. Wait...that's a line from The Green Mile. John Coffee said: "I tried to take it back but I couldn't"'Great Movie!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Even better.. You made me laugh out loud!!!!

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Hey: We're watching The Princess Bride on Bravo tonight. That's definitely on my all-time top 10 list!
    "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. One is to never get involved in a land war in Asia, the other is never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!" HA HA --HA HA--HA (WHUMP!)

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Have fun storming the castle!!!!!

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    watch out for indigo montoya, he's a fine swordsman....hehehehehehe

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    HELLO... my name is Indigo Montoya.. you killed my father.. prepare to die..

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Inconceivable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home