So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Aches and pains...

I thought I was done with this sickness. Maybe I pushed myself too much yesterday because I had too many things to do, but I FEEL TERRIBLE! I went into work this morning, thinking that a hot shower and putting on some nice clothes would make me feel better. I was wrong. We were supposed to have a chinese food Christmas party with the front desk, but I told my friend to cancel my order and came home to finish my day's work. We are so behind at work, and my being out a couple days didn't help things. I cancelled Matt's dentist appointment and plan on sitting in my favorite chair and dozing off (when I lay down, my chest hurts) after the kids get home. This must be the flu since my z-pack didn't help one little bit. Chief complaints, really sore burning throat, aches, especially my back and chest and inside my ears (weird) and an overwhelming feeling of tiredness. Also, I found out yesterday that my Godfather's wife died. She has had cancer which spread to her brain and she has been in hospice care at home for a while. It's so sad. She just had her first grandchild born a few month's back. My cousin George has to be the nicest man ever, and his wife, Mary, is the one who fostered my love of reading as a little girl. They used to give me the best books for gifts.. Little Men, Little Women, Rebecca of Sunny Brook Farms.. All still favorites of mine. I so hope I feel better within the next couple of days, because I really need to pay my respects and share in the sadness of losing such a nice, kind lady. I really am looking forward to this year being over. I'm just done....

4 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you are feeling better...Maybe the rest will help. You need to be up and about this weekend. Hope all is well...Stephie

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Karen! So sorry you are so sick...I hope you are instantaneously all better, a la Carol Brady in that special Christmas episode where Cindy asks Santa to cure her mommy's laryngitis!

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Karen. Feel better and Merry Christmas!

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    Merry Christmas-Hope you're better by today!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home