So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Date Night

with my boy......

Bill took Matt and his best bud Tommy up to NH to clean out some stuff and I stayed home and cleaned some stuff around here. Later today Billy and I went out to Carmelas Restaurant for a nice Italian dinner. Everything always looks so good, yet I always get veal parm.. I guess I'm like my father, you stick with what you know you like! One of these days I'll do a little expanding (and not anymore in the waistline I hope)!

Anyway, we had the greatest time. He is so funny and entertaining and pretty much told me "I rock" as a Mom. He says I am protective, but not overprotective, and that I'm a cool mom. LOVIN IT!!!!!! I told him that I'm not naive and I don't expect my kids to be perfect because I certainly wasn't (right, MOM?) but my biggest concern is keeping them safe and protecting them from things that could potentially kill them! He laughed and said he's all for protection against death. It makes me so happy to be able to laugh and talk and share things with him the way that I can laugh and talk and share things with my mom. The best gift she ever gave me was that I always feel like she loves me and thinks I'm the greatest and I'm so happy to share that gift with Billy.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so nice that you two have these get to gethers. U r a great mom and his words prove that....Cool Mom u r.....Stephie

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eddie always gets chicken parm and eats half of whatever I get! Billy's such a great kid....so pround to be his godmother!

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Remind my friend Billy that he and I also have a DATE NIGHT (or afternoon) coming up soon....

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    One on one is so invaluable. Nancy and I do dates with the kids too. They talk and talk and talk. Great post.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    how did i miss all this blogging action?!

    you are a cool mom and you rock as an aunt too...lol...

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Norma, he's ready!

    Jess, you're a pretty cool niece. you made it easy and broke me in for the rest of them :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home