So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

No more pencils...

No more books.. NO MORE TEACHER"S DIRTY LOOKS..

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER...

SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER... Thank you Mr. Cooper!!

I made the requisite last day of school cupcakes to bring to the bus stop. Of course, this year I asked Matt's permission because I didn't want him to be embarassed. I guess you're never to old to not want cupcakes. Vanilla with cholate frosting and sprinkles. I've been making cupcakes on the last day of school since Billy started. This is my first year back in my old 'hood so I'm excited to go!

We used to have a mother's bus stop group when the kids were little. We would all take turns going to each other's houses for coffee with our littlest ones after the big ones got on the bus. It was fun. Now I don't walk up there with Matt anymore because he's in 5th grade and doesnt' need Mommy, but I miss the ladies! Good times... but they are a'changin...

6 Comments:

  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    yay!!! last day of school is the best :) I remember summer vacations very well....playing in grandma's pool and hanging out at duxbury beach. skimming the pool for japanese beetles...playing tag (while barefoot) in the streets of Roslindale until it got dark. eating all those yummy ice-cream cone things with the peanuts on top that papa used to have in the freezer. freeze pops that make you choke because they're so sugary and coolaid!

    have a fun summer billy and matt!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so nice that u made the cupcakes...so cute.....
    Glad u guys are all done...Still waiting...lol
    Have a great sleep in day tom.....Stephie

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Karen, you're an unbelievable mom!!!

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    thanks!

    Jess, I still love those ice creams.. I think they are called Nutty Buddies. Right now I have the skinny cow version of them in my freezer (only 3 gm of fat per serving) but they don't have the nuts on top.. Still pretty good although one of the boys already snuck on and there are only four to a pack.. Never mind that they have their own Ben and Jerry's in the freezer. Leave my skinny cow alone!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    hahaha...anytime i buy anything special for myself kenny is like "what's that, i want some!" must be a guy thing!

    you got no ice-cream....you can't afford it cuz you're on welfare....you got no ice-cream....

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    happy father's day to uncle billy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home