So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happiness is...

Getting a free book!

I never ever spend money on books because I have a great public library up the street where I can get FREE books. But since I am going on a little trip and I'm not that into the book I'm currently reading, I browsed at Stop and Shop's book isle where I saw that Anita Shreve, one of my favorite authors, has a new book out! And it was on sale.. 18.99...which is more than I wanted to spend, but it was payday and I said what the heck..

Anway, as I was self-checking out, my book ran up for 27.99...I looked around while holding up the book and grabbed the first person I could find in a green shirt. "This is supposed to be on sale" said I... He went and got the little yellow sign and told me that I would get it for free because it ran up wrong! It's the little things in life that make you smile! (or am I just cheap?)

5 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    woah!!!! you got a $28 book for free?? that is amazing!!!!!!!! its gonna be a good day for you :)

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is AWESOME....
    I hear ya about paying for books. I LOVE the library too, ours is getting a major face lift and is clossed but we can go to others in the other towns. Not the same though.....
    Enjoy reading it.
    Hey Stephen got a summer book list (already) and one of the books is Tuesdays w/ .....I loved that book I am so glad that is on the list for him. anyone out there read that book, it is awesome. He has 2 other books I have read and they are so good. Stephie

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW...too bad your entire shopping could not have rung up the wrong price lol lol

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    You are a girl after my father's heart. : )

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Cha-ching!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home