So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Belated Father's Day everyone!

We had a very busy weekend.. One day a party at my sister-in-laws (also a Karen) to celebrate my wonderful mother in law's 70th birthday which is really Wednesday. We had a great day playing cards and eating and sitting outside. Matthew won a round of "31" and got $24.00 so it made his day. He and I also won "Showdown" where everyone puts in a dollar and one person goes around the table laying down cards (similar to poker) and whoever has the best hand wins. I got 2 pair and won 10 bucks! I like to win.

On father's day I wasn't able to see my Dad, but called and will see him on Wednesday. I made Bill and boys a nice pancake (blueberry and chocolate chip) and bacon breakfast then Bill and I drove his parents in to South Boston for their Boston to Bermuda cruise! He has to pick them up next Sunday too. Yesterday I went into the hospital to work in Mammography and then worked transcription last night so I'm TIRED!!! I stayed up too late watching Mystery Diagnosis and Medical Incredible on Discovery Health.. Tonight, early to bed!

Hope you all had a good weekend and a happy Father's day.. Fathers are so important to us all.. we are lucky to have you!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    isn't Wednesday the day that Papa goes back to the DR? wish i was there so we could all have a cup of tea together!

    Charlotte and Guy really have the right idea with going on so many cruises.....what a great way to retire. I think that might be part of my master plan.....

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Yup, he gets results Wed and I am going over to Mike/Liz for Maria's birthday so will see them over there. I hope for some good news for him.

    Jess, you better put Kenny on some meds before you do the cruising thing! Doesn't he not like them? Doris and Mel surprised Guy/Char on the ship! Wasn't that awesome. WE are all going to go on one next summer to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Kenny/Kim and kids too. I need to start saving.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    Kenny has never been on a real cruise ship, he gets sick on ferry's and smaller boats.....but instead of cruising i wouldn't mind just doing some island hopping in Hawaii or the Caribbean.

    here's to good news for Papa on Wednesday!!!! and happy birthday to our little Maria :)

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    oh, and that is AWESOME that doris and mel suprised them!! cruising with your best friends is even better than crusing alone!...start saving for the next Tringali cruise, my mother said it was really fun with you guys.

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sound like u guys got to have family fun and make cash too....lol Get some much needed rest since you have had little sleep...Cruising rocks..lol Before the trip take 6 weeks worth of giner supps. and the sea sick thing does not happen..Also on the ship I dranks lots of ginger ale..I would go back in a heartbeat....All the time....Stephie
    prayers for a good bill of health for you dad,,,,

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    got any pics of maria's bday party? i was so happy about the news that i was screaming into the phone when kara called!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home