So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, June 22, 2006

GREAT show!

We had a great time at Petty last night.. The wings at Wendells were the best I ever had.. I only got Sassy, next time maybe suicide sassy.. we'll see.
I forgot how many drunks there are at concerts. Especially the young girls, falling all over themselves and the boys with their pants hanging down. My s-i-l and I were cracking up because this kid's whole bum was hanging out of his pants and he was completely out of it! I guess they won't remember much about the songs! Petty was fantastic and was joined by Stevie Nicks who did Stop Draggin my heart around and Insider and don't do me like that. Awesome.. It is Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers 30th Anniversary this year...1976. I saw them for the first time in 1981 (Boston Garden) for the Hard Promises tour which was great.. they are still rockin! Matty and Tommy loved it and the age gamut seemed to be from kids to 50's with plenty of teens and twenty-somethings thrown in. We had some dancin fools in front of us so the boys had to keep shifting around, but it was all good!

My first concert was Cheap Trick (we had obstructed view seats but fairly close to the stage). We took the orange line in from Forest Hills.. I think I was only 14. Geez, I have a hard time letting my kids ride their bikes around the block.. and I was taking the train with my friends into Boston. It was a great show, they were joined by Steve Tyler and Joe Perry on stage, and we went crazy! Those were the days when a ticket was about $15.00 and everyone could go.. You don't even want to know how much Bill paid for last night.......I wish I didn't know! Rock on!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    soooooo weird that you were talking about steven tyler and joe perry as i was posting my blog as a tribute to them....are we on a carmic wave today???

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    You rockin' mama u go girl.....
    I know Karen we were all over Boston and metro area when Normie and I were growing up...Now it is a mad mad mad world lol .......My boys can not go places like we did at that age......Back in the day...

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    You go girl....you rockin' mama//
    I know back in the day we would be all over Boston and Metro area but now it is a mad mad mad mad world lol lol .....Our kids do not go out like we did......

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    oppsss.I did not think the last comment took ....sorry to say things twice....

     
  • At 3:20 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    No worries!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home