So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

I knew early on that my husband would make a wonderful father. In our very early years of dating we would spend fun filled days with my two neices, Jessica and Kara, taking them to the Stone Zoo, the movies, and out for ice creams. Once we got married, Bill was the fun Uncle who would play video games with the girls for hours, writing down code words for next time. We would take them for weekends and go to Old Silver Beach, the Marshfield Fair and into Plymouth for ice creams. After four wonderful years we were blessed with a son of our own and the love I saw on my husband's face bonded me even closer to him. Another two years later we had a second son who was an exact replica of his Dad.

Bill keeps life fun for us. He plans hikes in the White Mountains, effortlessly throws our bikes into his truck and finds great bike paths, he dives into any body of water the minute we arrive, whether its an ocean, river or lake and comes up with a huge smile and a "that was refreshing"! He loves to ski and has our son Matthew doing Black Diamonds with him. He is so organized and assured. He is good at absolutely everything he tries. He is a great provider and protector. He still makes me laugh. We have been on this roller coaster together for the last 17 years, and he is still the only one that I want to ride with. He is my other half and I'm blessed to have found him.

Happy Father's Day, Bill. We love you!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    Uncle billy definitely would've tried surfing with me today!!! if you ever come to visit out here he'll probably master it by the weeks end :)

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    You are so right! Maybe someday! Just keep the sharks away :)

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always knew he was the one for you! I loved him too and he was always a special guy in our family and still is!!

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who's munga? Great entries!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home