So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

One Down...

Two to go...

We got some fairly good news yesterday when I went into Boston with my parents. The docs told him that the chemo is working, they believe the tumor is shrinking and that his bloodwork was good. I was so impressed with how compassionate and kind the doctors, nurses and volunteers all were. They were happy to see that we were all laughing and talking. My father is an absolute trooper and I am so proud of him. It was a fairly long day, but not too bad. Today and tomorrow were supposed to be longer. He is looking at 2 to three more of these sessions but they will do a CAT scan probably next month.

Oh yeah, I was served roast pork, homemade applesauce and rice.. (pork chops and applesaucccccceeeeeeee) It was lovely. My sister Janice and neice Kara also came and gave us some laughs while we watched Amazing Race.

Matt's team won the game again and it was a close one! He did a great job and was full of dirt by the end. I love watching him play!

I also loved having a nice comfy bed all to myself :)

6 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Karen, that's great news! We'll just keep praying for your dad...and you all!

    Now for some strange reason, I have a craving to go watch The Brady Bunch ;-)

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    THat is such hopeful news...so glad to hear it! Prayers and love....

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    did you notice upstairs in the house grandma still has the "Jessica's Room" sign up there! lol

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Since no one reference my Brady Bunch comment...I said it because K wrote "pork chops and applesaucccccceeeeeeee"

    Get it?
    Anyone?
    Anyone?
    Buhler?

    ~tap tap~ Is this thing on?
    silence, then
    ~cricket noise~

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    OH I GOT IT>>>>>>Chris Knight still gets requests to say that from fans in public...he was saying on his MY FAIR BRADY show..he does not mind it at all...
    I WAS INVITED TO HIS WEDDING>WERE U?

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    That was one of my favorite brady moments!!!!

    anyone.. anyone? Hhahahhah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home