So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fruit flies......

Is anyone else bothered by these invasive bugs that seem to be everywhere? If they are fruit flies, why are they upstairs in my bathroom? They are annoying little suckers.... but I have a SOLUTION! In an e-mail from a friend entitled "Handy tips" I found just the thing to capture these enemies of mine..

Put a solution of apple cider vinegar and dish soap into a small container ( I used a little pyrex bowl) Place near the fruit or anywhere you have the biggest population of offenders and WALA!!!! you will find dead fruit flies in your dish after not quite such a long time.. Apparently, they are attracted by the cidar vinegar and the dish soap drowns em.. Yippee!

5 Comments:

  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Yes Karen....
    They are comnfused in the change of the temp ans we killed 2 yesterday....2 too many lol

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    We haven't seen any of those here on Long Island. Maybe it's a New Englandy thing?

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    We've got 'em!
    I can't wait to try this,K!!!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Melissa, let me know if it works for you.. It's finally getting pretty cold here so I'm sure that will kill them off too. :) They especially love to land near my wine glass.. and when I need a glass of wine, I don't want any bugs with that!

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    Of course, the alchohal would sterilize the bug...
    IW !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home