So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Let's get Cookin!

So...I picked up my mom today and headed to the Miele Showroom to get a cooking class/demonstration of the Master Chef double oven that we purchased... It was awesome. We made a roast pork with apples and pears, sweet potatoes with onions and rosemary, a rotisserie chicken stuffed with lemon halves and garlic with lemon pepper seasoning, roasted salmon with old bay seasoning and good ol' tollhouse cookies. Oh yeah.. and a thin crust pizza with artichoke and onion. Delicioso!!!

We were able to sample everything and learned how to operate convection oven and the rotisserie. I can't wait to get cookin! It was great to have my mother with me and she was saying, boy did I need this 25 years ago!

The best thing ever about this oven is that you can put 5, yes count em..5 cookie sheets in at the same time and with the air convection, they will all be done at the same time. Just in time for Christmas cookies!

Dad is doing as well as can be expected. He's looking a lot like Kojack these days. Trying to keep his spirits up :)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Glad to hear your dad is well...
    KAREEENNN!!!!!! I WANT THAT OVEN...
    The cookie sheets sold me....
    You are so lucky...AWESOME>>>>>
    Yummy things that you guys got to make and some mom time sounds wonderful.........That oven is the best....

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    why do i always miss the good stuff?!!!

    will you make me some veggie pizza when i come to visit? and cookies.....please?!!!

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Steph, this oven completely ROCKS! It has this computer that will automatically turn the oven to the desired temperature for the cut of beef (or whatever you are cooking). You just plug the probe into the oven and it will adjust and also let you know how many minutes of cooking time it will be so you can plan the rest of your meal.. also we actually had the pork, the apples & pears, AND the fish and the cookies in the oven at the same time and there was no taste transfer.. I took 6 pages of notes... and then I left them there. (DUH) I had to call and ask if they would mail them to me :)

    Jess, I will cook you whatever your heart desires.. and crabbies too!

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Notes for your oven??? Yikes! Food sounds awesome though.


    Prayers for your dad...

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    When are you moving in? I want to pencil in "dinner at Karen's" in my daybook... ; ) Come on, you know I'll reciprocate!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home