So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Party Hearty!!!!






Happy 48th wedding anniversary to my parents, Fran and Ed!!! We celebrated at my brother and sister-in-laws house and it was a blast! The kids swam in the pool, played capture the flag, an impromptu game of wiffle ball oldies against the young-ins (I was a spectator but told the oldies kicked butt!) It was so nice to see the all my neices and nephews playing with my cousins kids! My Uncle Leo and Aunt Nancy brought their Army jeep that my Uncle bought off my brother (It was orignally a Marines) and restored complete with army paint and gear! They were a riot all dressed up in army get-ups and heading out to ride in the parade, but not before we all took pictures and saluted them on their way out. My father' oldest friend, Nicky, who is 83+ and from the North End was there with his wife and told funny stories about growing up in the North End. My parents were surrounded by family and friends.. just the way they like to be... Great day, great food, great fun.. God Bless America!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    love the pictures auntie! i haven't been to a family party like that in so long and when i saw the picture of grandma and papa with uncle leo and nancy i cried my eyes out! i have no idea why i guess i'm just hormomal. glad you all had fun and that the weather was good. after i got done crying i started laughing after looking at the picture of the kids in order of height....well i'm the oldest by far and i would have been either in front of or behind Matthew! i remember when all those little kiddies where babies and running around in diapers...i'm officially old...and off my rocker...lol...

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Yup, Kara would have been at the front, since we did it by height. They were all laughing that we were making them do the sideways thing. It was nice. I'm sorry you cried, but I think I cried all the time at the end of my pregnancies too.. Normal hormonal! We are all off our rockers, honey!! That's what makes us interesting.. Normal is so boring :)

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those pics are so great...Love the tallest to shortest...so funny....
    That is a great tribute to ur mom and dads many years together...Blessings and love....Stephie

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. Your dad looks wonderfully heathy, I hope he is as good as he looks.....S

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Thanks Stephie, he is doing really really well! He is extremely tired all the time but is doing better than we could have hoped!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    happy birthday!!!!!!!!! check out my blog :)

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    I'm looking at these pictures thinking...is that Loretta Swit from MASH?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home