So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, the forecast calls for winds and rain..there goes my plan to take my nieces to the park for a bit, but what a good excuse not to leave the house. Glad I'm hosting and not travelling.

Last night we watched our annual night before Thanksgiving movie, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, which is about a businessman trying to make it home for thanksgiving dinner. It stars Steve Martin and John Candy and I always cry at the very end. If you haven't seen it, you must! We have to fast forward through an f-bomb part but other than that it is good clean fun and always, always cracks me up. Great music in it too :) We have been doing this for years and years, I don't even know how we got started!

I had to get up super early because I am doing a 3 hour shift this morning for priorities at work. At least I'm home, I had to get up and put Mr. Turkey in, and it's overtime :)

Happy, Happy Day Everyone.. Enjoy your family, friends and food!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    We LOVE Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. It's a great holiday movie. So sad that John Candy is gone. We loved him as Uncle Buck too. Thanks goodness for the fast forward button!
    What's 'priorities'?

    Enjoy your day with the fam. Eat, Drink, and be Thankful! :0)

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    Happy Day to u too.......God Bless

     
  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Hee, hee.. Priorities are when someone has an emergency Head CT or emergency MRI, or emergency anything and it needs to be transcribed right away and sent to the patient's floor or the ER, or whereever they happened to be.. so far this morning its been lots of chest pain (anxiety over the bird?) and lots of Abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting (we haven't even eaten yet).. but we all decided to break it up into shifts so no one gets stuck working all day. My peeps aren't coming til after 11 so plenty of time to get ready!

    I am so sad John Candy isn't with us anymore too.. I love him in everything.. he was a wonderful entertainer :)

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    happy tofurkey day auntie! give everyone hugs for me :) i'm eating pumkin pie and drinking egg nog right now.....yummy!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Andy said…

    LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! Of course the wifey hates it (not sure why) so I have to sneak off and watch it myself...

    Happy T DAY!!! Are you ready for some football? hehehe

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    We love Planes, Trains and Automobiles too - Uncle Buck is a classic as well... so sad John Candy is gone.

    Hope you had a great turkey day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home