So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

November 7, 1990

This is not only election day, but a very important day in the lives of my extended family. My nephew Michael was born 16 years ago today!!!

Michael is tall, handsome, smart, funny and kind. He is a mother's and and aunt's dream! I was lucky to be chosen for his Godmother and we have shared a special bond since the beginning. Mostly, he makes me laugh. My boys adore him and he is one of those kids that is comfortable around any group of people. He can chat up a room of adults just as easily as he hang with his friends. He makes me surpise CD's with "Auntie Karen" written on them. We both share a love for old disco tunes and I always look forward to the mixes he makes me. He composes his own music on an electric keyboard (still waiting for that one!) and is an accomplished pianist. He is going to be in his first play with high school coming up this month (Fiddler on the Roof -one of my favorites)!

I hope he knows how much he is loved.. He is just a great kid.

I love you, Michael! Auntie Karen

7 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    happy bday michael!!! boy do i feel old...i babysat him when he was little....

    am i uncool yet?? lol

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Jess, you'll always be way cool.

    signed from the coolest of them all :)

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    are you just trying to make me cry...i'm having a hard enough time as it is! thanks for the entry...he is such a great kid...i'll show him this when he gets home. just remember how much he loves you, too.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    I'm still wondering where the years have gone.. Remember when we used to talk every morning when the kids were little..and you were so funny.. you loved every stage even more than the last.. Are you still loving this stage? I'm really, really proud of Michael and I just adore him :)

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am really still loving this stage with Michael, but I dont know if I'll be saying this when the girls turn 16! I'm off to get pizza and pick up his friend Robbie. The girls made him brownie and happy birthday signs that are all over the kitchen. Avery got him a card that says "not all brothers are heros, but you are". yes, i'm crying again!

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Stephie Says..... said…

    That is so sweet......I have tears and don't even know him!

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    What a nice post, Karen. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home