So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happy, Happy Day.....





Today we celebrated my father's 80th birthday. Because of his upcoming surgery, we had to cancel the restaurant hall that we booked for later this month and you know what? It was so much nicer having the party at my parents house. Everyone was relaxed.. my mother ordered all the food from the place we were supposed to have it so no one had to do any cooking. All his grandkids were there except our Jessica (aka anonymous blogging woman) who lives in CA, but she was there in our hearts. So many people came to celebrate today. My father was so, so funny today which I was ever so grateful for. He was making so many jokes and wisecracks and we were all laughing with tears coming out of our eyes. When my Aunt Rita asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he told her he'd like some hair..so she found a comb-over wig and he wore it the entire time he opened presents. My Uncle Leo make a beautiful toast which put tears in my eyes of wanting to take another trip to Italy together, which was my father's dream trip. I made some great banners to hang up and all the grandkids read off fun facts from the year 1926. I couldn't have asked for a better day for my father. I wish we could have him for 80 more years.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so happy you guys had a wonderful time...There IS no place like home...Prayers and love to you and te family....Love the family pics...you all look so happy....
    Stephie

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    What a blessing to live 80 years and to surrounded by so much love!!!

    ~plus~

    You gotta love that wig!!! LOL!!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    sorry i missed it :(

    but at least i'll get to visit papa in the hospital when i come back there. love the pics!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Oh my God...the photos are hilarious. Your dad is such a great guy. Glad he had such a perfect day with all his most beloved people. I know you know how important it is to "enjoy every sandwich" with him...and I'm so glad that you are doing it. Hope he's feeling well and still loving life...

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Karen, your father is so handsome. Glad you had a good time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home