So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Where's the WII????

OK, so I am really not one of those parents whose children have to have the lastest "whatever". In fact, I am just the opposite. My kids don't have gameboys and we have had the same Nintendo 64 system forever. I believe in the computer being in a central place in the home. They aren't allowed to IM. But, I was going to surprise them with a WII system from Santa for Christmas because I was told its a system the whole family can enjoy!!!! Where the heck have all the WIIs gone??? I'll tell you.. Those greedy e-bayers are buying them up left and right and selling a $250 system for over $600!!! Maddening!!!!!!!! So, I'm disappointed. I called all the local stores and was answered with a terse "NO WIIs!". I was told by a friendly clerk at the local Superwalmart that they will be getting a limited shipment this morning at 8 a.m. I refuse to stand out in the cold with a million other idiots and trample each other to death to get this item. So anyway, I don't think we will be getting a WII system. Just wanted to vent.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet AFTER Christmas they will be everywhere.......I BET!
    Stephie

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    I know.. it gets me so mad that all these greedy people scoop them up to sell for a profit. Ebay gone mad..

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    look at the tickle me elmo dolls...people are paying $500 for those...ridiculous!

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    Karen,
    I thought about getting that for a minute too, but now I guess not!
    We'll just get new games for our "old" system!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    We'll keep trying.
    Mel, the good news is that you can use the GameCube games on the Wii!

    WooHooWii!

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    o.k., i'll be the ass....what is a WII?

     
  • At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, you will.. It's the new Nintendo game system, that is reasonably priced and you can play your gamecubes on it. It's supposed to be great.. but alas.. not for us!

    me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home