So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Friday, March 02, 2007

It's all Greek to me!

My nephew Michael gave me this great cookbook for Christmas. It was a fundraiser cookbook for the music/theater departments. Last weekend, I hosted my BUNCO group at my house and this dip was a HUGE success. They licked the platter clean.. I thought I would share it with you!

GREEK SALAD DIP

1 small container of plain hummus
1 small or medium tomato, chopped
1 cucumber seeded and chopped
1 (4-oz) package of crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup (or however much you want) kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
4 Tbs Greek salad dressing ( I used creamy greek LITE)

In a 9" pie plate, spread the hummus evenly. Sprinkle chopped tomato, cucumber, feta cheese and olives evenly all over hummus. Drizzle dressing over all of this. Serve with pita chips or wheat crackers or whatever crackers you like. Enjoy

8 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! i had greek salad last night for dinner.....greek dip sounds ohhhhhhhhhhh so good :)

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    I had three kinds of things and that one went so fast.. everyone e-mailed me for the recipe..I also made little mini key lime pies.. Oh so Martha....

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Mmm, I can't wait to try it!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    hmm...I'll show this to Nancy.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds so good....I may try it this week. Dr. Pericone says that hummus is great for anti-inflamatory and anti-aging.....EAT YOUR HUMUS>>>>>>LOL Stephie

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    ABW,
    during my last prgnancy, I was told no soft cheese-(b/c it could be non-pasturized)
    Have your Dr.s mentioned this????
    (too bad I was on a blue cheese kick before I knew...)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    melissa, don't worry, i buy the pasturized feta. actually its funny, i couldn't even find any cheese that wasn't pasturized in the grocery store. my dr's haven't mentioned it, but i knew because i'm obsessive about things like that and i've read every pregnancy book i can get my hands on and i now belong to 3 different websites about pregnancy...lol....thanks for watching my back though :) (and my baby's!)

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger melissa said…

    No problem, Since I'm not having anymore,I am now able to solicit unwanted and annoying advice, like I had to hear for 50 months...LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home