So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cuz I'm workin for a livin...

I've been filling in since Monday in the Mammography Department at the Hospital. The other receptionist left rather quickly and my friend Jen called me and signed me up for the hours. They really want me for the job but because of the union, it first has to be posted and then any nimrod with more seniority than me, no matter their education or qualifications, can get the job. So.. its basically a crapshoot. I have been friends with all techs and other girls in that department since 2002. We used to meet down the waterfront on "rich Friday" for wine and catching up. The hours are perfect. 9a-3p (six hour days.. which fly by..) Even though it makes me sad about the summertime.. I have my in-laws and Billy will probably actually be getting a job soon. Anyway... I just have to wait and see. I am kind of tired but it's fun to get up (not too early by the way) and dress and get out of the house. Matt was camping most of the week with his best bud and their family and Billy was hanging out with my mother in law and just chilling around the house... I'm home tomorrow typing because we are behind in my other job.. I have pretty much been working my behind off!!!! I'll post another time about my evening as a function server for a wedding.. talk about work!!! ta ta..

8 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW u got a full plate my dear.....and ur carrying them too...lol the plates get it....lol lol server....I would drop them I am so clumsy...lol Get some rest Stephie

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Steph, I was the only one who didn't drop anything! and my first time too!

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Did Kim quit?

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good going K ....U must have great balance.....u r awesome..it must be hard work with a little fun in there too...lol Stephie

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Kim got an offer from Donna Goulets Husband (Goulet and Company) to be their secretary.. full paid benefits, Fridays off in summer and comparable money! She couldn't say no.. I guess she loves it.. She had been there for 23 years PER DIEM! So she had absolutely no seniority on the books and needed the benefits becuase her hub started his own business...

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    You sound like a busy gal! 9-3 are great hours.

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Perfect hours for a mom. Nancy's looking to do some babysitting this year. Like maybe for a teacher with those kind of hrs. that mirror the kids' schedule. She'd be great at it.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    And yes, I was singing Summertime in my head. I don't know if you watch American Idol or not but a few seasons ago Fantasia did an amazing rendition of that song!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home