So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Mother...

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother", Abraham Lincoln.

Happy 67th birthday to the woman who got married at 19 years of age, had three children within three years, waited a few to have me, and lastly had my younger brother. Five children by the age of 26! How she did it I do not know.. but I remember dancing in the living room to Mitch Miller albums, taking walks to the local corner store, playing outside in the leaves, eating a full dinner every single night, even as we got older and she worked full time outside the home, we had potatoes, a green vegetable and an orange/yellow vegetable. I remember slices of oranges and apples while watching Happy Days or Barney Miller. I remember trips down to the beach which took a whole day to pack the food for. I remember pool parties and birthday parties and Christmases and Thanksgivings full of family and food and love.

Things haven't been perfect, and things haven't always been easy.. but I always, always knew I was loved. Thanks for the wings Mom.... I Love you tremendously...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    Happy Birthday Grandma! Love you :)

    don't forget karen, she makes the best cake and frosting there is! and she always makes time for all of her children and grandchildren...and future great-grandchildren!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have me in tears Karen....Those are such nice memories and wonderful words to a great lady....Happy 67th! Stephie

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Really nice, Karen. Happy birthday prayers for your mom!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home