So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Matthew!



Matt was born on a Thursday morning at 9:37 a.m. in 1996. At 10 lbs 2 oz and 21 inches long, he was QUITE a baby! He was so big that he was born with a broken collar bone and looked like a three month old compared to the other babies in the nursery. I fell in love with this baby at first site and my heart is still smitten with this brown haired, brown eyed child of mine.

What can I say about Matthew? I'm just so proud of him.. he's the kind of kid that I would want to be friends with if I was a kid. He's nice, kind, smart as a whip, athletic, funny and loyal. He loves sports, especially FOOTBALL!! and he really loves us, his family.

We are having filet mignon ("those good steaks that Dad makes") with corn (his favorite vegetable with baked potatoes, and strawberry ice cream with hot fudge for desert. On friday night, he is having a couple friends sleep over after the big dance (which I am chaperoning) and we will make them a nice pancake breakfast and then take them down to Gray's Beach where they can play basketball and football if the whether allows. I can't believe how fast time is going by.. I really like my kids, not just love them.. I really like hanging out with them, and watching them grow up and I just want them to be happy and lead good lives.

We hang streamers on their doors when they sleeping the night before their birthdays so that when they wake up, they have to walk through them to get out.. We ran out of streamers, so I used Christmas curling ribbon which was actually more fun looking!

Happy Birthday, baby! I love you so much...

5 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    happy birthday matt!!!!!! 11 years old on the 11th, that is so cool :)

    matt had THE CUTEST HAIR EVER when he was a baby (and still does), it just sat on the top of his head, all big brown curls.

    born a bruiser and turned out to be a football player...go figure!

    that favorite meal of matt's sounds like something kenny would like (his bday is tomorrow) maybe its an Aries thing!

    have a great day little cousin!!!

    love you,

    jessie

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday to a very handsome kid...And a big boy huh......WOW Karen thatsa biga bambno...lol
    Have great dinner, sounds so good you made my mouth water. I am not a steak person but somthing about the good meat makes you want to have it...lol
    Have a fun sleep over too. U r a great mom....Stephie

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    I'm losing it.. that would be *weather* :)

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Happy Birthday Kenny...Know wonder he's so cool.. It's that Aries..
    handsome too :)

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Karen...what nice sentiments. Saying that he's the type of kid you would like to hang out with if you were a kid. That just struck me. I feel that way about my kids too. Nice nice post. Happy Birthday to your (not so) little guy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home