So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Friday, April 06, 2007

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning......

Oh, what a beautiful day.. I've got a beautiful feeling that everything's going my way......

Remember that old show tune? Is it Oklahoma? I don't know but its the first thing I thought when I came down the stairs after sleep in until 8:30 a.m. The sun is just streaming through the windows and I LOVE IT! Coffee is extra yummy today and I just made Billy a bagel egg and cheese sandwich with some cantelope on the side and received a kiss, hug and a "you're the best mom" which makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it!

He needs a haircut today and then we are going to take a drive over to Duxbury to his favorite book store to browse and after we always stop at this little bakery called FRENCH MEMORIES where I will get a chai tea and he will get whatever he wants and we drive over to Duxbury beach and sit in the car and watch the water.. If its' not too windy, we'll take a walk over the bridge, but I have a feeling that it will be windy. I e-mailed work and told them I would do my hours later this afternoon.

It's Good Friday and between the hours of 12 and 3 I will be back home reflecting on my good fortune and being thankful for all I have in this world. I have not really been my usual happy self for the past few months and I think it's just a combination of the culmination of a stressful year and a long, dragged out winter. I will try my very best to have a better attitude and to, in the words of dear departed Warren Zevon "Enjoy every sandwich"......

Have a wonderful Friday.. I hope you all get at least a peek of the sun :)

6 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger anonymous blogging woman..... said…

    kenny and i are going to opening day today with another couple. i hate to admit it but i do not feel like going....i have a really long day at work today starting @ 8 am (i'm fully booked) and then they wanted us to go to their hotel room downtown and start partying.....um hello....um 6 months pregnant!!!!!! so we will go down there later on around 5 or so...and i will remind kenny that between 12 and 3 we shouldn't be "partying" anyway!

    have fun on your outing with billy, i haven't been to duxbury beach in years.

    oh and happy Easter!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Karen
    The sun made me so happy this morn too.....
    Sounds like a great day with Bill...was there no school for both where u r? We had school but lots did not and BAB was a mod of people all day long...no time to breath. I was like HUH? so much $ goes to bears. A two year old was lost today and it was really scary, they found her and all was fine after that.
    Sorry you have been hum drum but I too think it is the loooonnnngg winter. Have a wonderful reflection time and a blessed Easter......Stephie

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Great post Karen. It put me in a good mood. Thanks and Happy Easter!

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Andy said…

    There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
    There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
    The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
    An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky.

    Oh, what a beautiful mornin',
    Oh, what a beautiful day.
    I got a beautiful feelin'
    Ev'rything's goin' my way.

    All the cattle are standin' like statues,
    All the cattle are standin' like statues,
    They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by,
    But a little brown mav'rick is winkin' her eye.

    Oh, what a beautiful mornin',
    Oh, what a beautiful day.
    I got a beautiful feelin'
    Ev'rything's goin' my way.

    All the sounds of the earth are like music,
    All the sounds of the earth are like music,
    The breeze is so busy it don't miss a tree,
    And a ol' weepin' willer is laughin' at me!

    Oh, what a beautiful mornin',
    Oh, what a beautiful day,
    I got a beautiful feelin'
    Ev'rything's goin' my way.
    Oh, what a beautiful day.

    Heheheheh! Sorry I couldn't help myself :)

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey one year at Pope John HS we did that play....maybe that year Andy was in it.....>>??? ;p

    Stephie

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Andy.. love it! I wish I could have a day of staying in my pjs and watching old musicals. I think I'll have to make it a goal.. My kids would think it was pure torture though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home