So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Safe and Sound

That's a great Cheryl Crow song... but anyway... I spoke to Kara (my other niece, Jessica's sister) yesterday and she said it was raining ash. She was pretty scared because as she was flying out she really didn't expect it to be SO bad out there. They are staying at my 87 (?) year old Uncle Arthur's house which is outside of downtown. She said the air quality is better and the sun was shining there. She and Kenny had gone back to the condo to get more clothes and supplies and I believe there are staying there until at least Friday. I think knowing they are just staying put has taken some stress off them because as first they were thinking of just getting out of the state. I hope and pray these fires stop... I can only imagine the damage and the cost of fixing up everything.. and all the insurance company premiums going through the roof over this! You see all those enormous mansions and all this STUFF burning and once again you realize that all you need is each other.. and to make sure that your family is safe. Thanks for the good thoughts!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seeing all the devistation on the TODAY Show was so hard. You just want to cry for these people. But I am so glad that the people are safe....houses can be repalced not people. Yes, so true about STUFF.....the stuff so does not matter...it brings things into perspective at least you can hope it does...Blessings and Prayers..>Stephie Send The Langs our love...

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The worst part is that they found out part of the fire was started by an arsonist.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Drew said…

    Well put Karen. When I was approachng the end of your post...I was thinking the same thing. All your stuff...you can eventually replace. All we need is each other.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    I saw on the news this morning that a lot of family's are starting to move back. Keep us posted!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    Okay, Karen. Where the heck have you been? Don't be a slacker, McFly!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know she is so busy with the new job..and is really missed, how is life at the Trang family home? Stephie
    MISS U!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home