So Anyway,

Thoughts and comments on happenings in my life....

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

MerryChristmas to All!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope you are all ready because the season is upon us. I'm late as can be, but getting there. Shopping is almost done, wrapping is mostly done, baking has not yet begun.. but the tree is up, there is snow on the ground and I'm going to get in the spirit if it kills me.

We have even made our cut out Christmas tree even if we were 9 days late and had to glue on all 9 days on the same day. So what!?

I will make my famous crabbies and bake my cream cheese cookies on Saturday while Billy and Matt are at the Bruins game and Sunday the Tringali's are all coming here. We plan on a quiet Christmas eve, just the four of us. I have to work 1/2 day and then we are going to the early mass, out for chinese food and back to watch A Christmas Carol.

On Christmas day my brother and sister-in-law have once again stepped up and will host Christmas day for the Feloni family. It will be a very special Christmas having us all there (except our Jessica) because my father's cancer has, like the ghost of Christmas past, come back to haunt us. He begins chemotherapy treatment on December 27th and once again my dear parents will be in and out of Boston while my father fights his heroic fight for more time here with us. And once again, his spirits make me so proud of him. He has more strength, courage and determination than a man half his age. Once again, Christmas will be bittersweet.

I'll try to visit more frequently.. I have pics to post of Billy's play and I still need to post Matt's football pictures. My Christmas wish this year is to have more time.. or at least to utilize the time that I do have more wisely. I almost can't wait til the New Year so I can start my list of things I need to do better.

Thanks for listening, blog friends. Merry Christmas and God Bless us Everyone!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Merry Christmas Karen! Sounds like a nice quiet holiday is planned. I'm sorry your father has to go back for chemo. I'll be rooting for him and will keep him in my prayers. I'll look forward to your pictures! I remember your paper Christmas tree and thinking it was such a great idea!!!

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I MISS YOU TOOOO KAREN...xoxoxox cyber hugs and kisses...as u know a working mom 39 hours a week not easy to juggle....have a good week leading up to Christmas....I will write soon...Stephie

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Drew said…

    We'll all be praying for your dad. I think we could all use more time with our loved ones. My sister is getting married on Saturday so we'll get to see a lot of family this weekend. I'm psyched that my brother and his family will be staying with us starting Friday...so there will be a lot of kids running around excited to be with each other. This is such a nice time of year when we look back with thankfulness on the big picture things in our lives. Thanks for the update, Karen, and Merry Christmas to the entire Trinfam, from they Hyatts.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This morn when I cked in I did not get to read I just wanted to post I missed u really quick and get to work...Now before I scoot to hockey pract...I want to say it sounds like some real bussiness there. Glad that you are having a large Christmas gathering with your side. I too am praying for your dad and mom for the strenght to get through it. So sorry about all he is going through. Kudos to him and being a trooper. Love and Merry Christmas wishes to all of you....So sweet and loving your family is.....xoxoxo Stephie

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Hi Mrs. T...I know that you know I will be thinking of all of you at Christmas, especially your adorable father...what a guy...hoping that you have some wonderful times this year and great memories and love to last forever. Mrs. W

     

Post a Comment

<< Home